(US and Canada)
THE SNOOPY STREET FAIR CONTEST
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the SNOOPY STREET FAIR CONTEST promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Contest” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” “us” and “Sponsor” refer to CE Europe Ltd., the sponsor of the Contest. “You,” “yourself,” “I,” “me,” “my” and “Entrant” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
1. Contest description.
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to create your own original 2D artwork featuring SNOOPY. Submissions may include hand-drawn art, paintings, digital drawings, collages, and anything else that may be scanned into digital format. All eligible Entries received will be judged by the Sponsor and prizes will be awarded to five (5) winners based on the criteria described below.
2. What are the start and end dates?
This entry period for this Contest starts at 4:01 PM Pacific Time on November 17, 2011 and ends at 3:59 PM Pacific Time on November 29, 2011 (“Entry Period”). All Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
3. Can I enter?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements:
· You are a legal resident of (i) the 50 Unites States (including Washington D.C., but excluding New York and Florida), or (ii) Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec); and
· You are least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of Entry (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside) or if you are not at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside), you have the permission and approval of your parent and/or your legal guardian to enter; and
· You are NOT an employee of the Sponsor or its affiliates; and
· You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
· You have a valid U.S. social security number or U.S. personal tax identification number or a valid Canadian Social Insurance number; and
· You are NOT an immediate family member (a parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member an employee of the Sponsor, the Sponsor’s affiliates, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest
This Contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
4. What constitutes an eligible Entry?
To be eligible for judging an Entry must meet the following requirements:
· The drawing must contain SNOOPY; and
· The artwork must be 11” x 17” at 300 dpi; and
· Entries must be submitted in JPG format.
· your Entry must be your own original work; and
· your Entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
· you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your Entry; and
· your Entry must not infringe or violate any third party’s intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyrights, trademark, patent, and trade secret rights), rights of publicity or privacy, or contractual rights, and must not be defamatory or disparaging of the Sponsor, Peanuts Inc., or any other third party.
Entries containing profanity or that are lewd, obscene, pornographic, disparaging, indecent, or that are otherwise deemed to be inappropriate by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may be disqualified, and will not be eligible for judging. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to decide if an Entry is objectionable and/or inappropriate and may refuse to process or post any such Entries.
5. How will my Entry be potentially used?
All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. By submitting an Entry, you grant and assign to Sponsor all rights, title and interest in and to the Entry, including any of the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights you may have in the Entry, and grant and assign to Sponsor and its designees a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, unrestricted, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right and license to consider, disclose, use, re-use, reproduce, modify, digitize, enhance, adapt, change, edit, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, redistribute, and/or display the Entry (in whole or in part) including any and all images or likenesses that appear in the Entry, and/or incorporate all or part of the Entry in other works, all in any manner and in any form, format, or media anywhere in the world at any time and for any purpose, without further notice or compensation to you. You also waive any and all “moral rights” you may have in the Entry.
Sponsor is in no way obligated to use any Entry and you may or may not be given any credit or attribution if the Entry is subsequently used. You agree to waive all claims to receive any royalties of any kind now or in the future from Sponsor or its designees for any use of any Entry, including any copyright or trademark royalties, and you represent, warrant and agree that no other party is entitled to claim any royalties from the use of the Entry as set forth in these full Official Rules. You also acknowledge that other individuals may have submitted similar or identical Entries that Sponsor may have the right to use and that Sponsor’s employees are continually developing product ideas and names that may predate the Entry.
You (and/or your parent or legal guardian if you are a minor) agree never to sue or assert any claim against Sponsor or any entity acting pursuant to Sponsor’s direction for any use, or alteration of such Entry.
If you (or, if you are a minor, your parent or legal guardian) do not want to grant Sponsor these rights to your Entry, please do not enter this Contest.
6. How do I submit my Entry?
Your Entry must be submitted on the Get Satisfaction forum (http://getsatisfaction.com/beeline_games). Please upload your Entry submission within this Contest topic as a reply using the “Add Image” tool.
We will only accept one (1) Entry per person and e-mail address. In other words, two people may not enter using the same email address – you each must enter using a unique email address. We are not responsible for Entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for Entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
· Any incomplete or illegible Entry; and
· Any Entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the Entry limit described above.
7. How will Entries be judged?
On or about November 30, 2011, Sponsor shall review all Entries. Sponsor shall select five (5) winners, to be ranked First, Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth, based on the following criteria:
· Originality – 50%
· Aesthetic Merit – 50%
The decisions of the judges are final and binding. If we do not receive a sufficient number of Entries meeting the Entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select no winners. In the event of a tie between any eligible Entries, the tie will be broken by an additional judge who will judge the tied Entries based on the criteria listed above.
8. What are the prizes?
· 1st Prize Winner will receive an iPad2 (approximate retail value $598)
· 2nd Prize Winner will receive 800 Snoopy Dollars (approximate retail value $49.99) and the comic book entitled “Complete Peanuts Collection (approximate retail value $49.99)
· 3rd – 5th Prize Winners will receive the comic book entitled “Complete Peanuts Collection (approximate retail value $49.99)
The total estimated retail value for all the retail prizes: $850. If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will only award one (1) prize per person. If you are selected as a potential winner of this Contest:
· You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services.
· You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner.
· If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes, costs and expenses related to accepting the prize.
9. How will I know if I’m a winner?
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address listed on your Entry within seven (7) days following the selection. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or if we are otherwise unable to contact you by December 15, 2011 for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate selected winner.
If there is a dispute as to who is a potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest.
We may also require you to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release, and W-9 form or other applicable reporting form. If you do not sign and return these required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate randomly selected winner.
10. What other conditions am I agreeing to by entering this Contest?
By entering this Contest you (or your parent or legal guardian if you are a minor) agree and/or understand that:
· You must abide by these Official Rules.
· That Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest.
· That Sponsor may use the screen name you use to upload your Entry online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
· To the extent allowed by law, you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are a minor) agree to the following release:
Entrant (or his/her parents/legal guardian) hereby release Sponsor, Peanuts, Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (“Released Parties”), from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest and/or acceptance or use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, liability for personal injury, bodily injury, death, damages or loss, or claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant’s rights with regard to any elements, characters, or ideas contained in any Entry which arise from, relate to, or are connected with your use of the Web site, entry into the contest or Entry submission.
· Entrant (or his/her parents/legal guardian) To indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the them due to or arising out of the your entry or your conduct in creating an entry or otherwise in connection with this contest, including, but not limited to, claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation.
· This Contest will be governed by the laws of England, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of English courts for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
11. What if something unexpected happens and the Contest can’t run as planned?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible Entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
Computer “hacking” is a crime. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future contests, so please play fairly.
12. How can I find out who won?
If you send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “SNOOPY’S STREET FAIR CONTEST,” CE Europe Ltd., The Metro Building, the 3rd Floor, 1 Butterwick, Hammersmith Londond W6 8DL, UK (“Sponsor”) after December 15, 2011 we will provide you with a list of winners that received a prize.
13. Who is sponsoring this Contest?
CE Europe Ltd., The Metro Building, the 3rd Floor, 1 Butterwick, Hammersmith Londond W6 8DL, UK is the sponsor of this Contest.